Welcome Back Letter
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! We are excited to share that it is officially time to start thinking about the long-awaited return to school. We couldn’t be happier to have all of our students return to the building for five full days of in-person instruction. We look forward to celebrating each of their successes and continuing to support each child in meeting their potential.
We am thrilled to share that we continue to welcome back so many of our fantastic staff and are lucky enough to find some wonderful additions to our Bobcat family.
We recognize that families have questions regarding the details for return to school, and we want to be sure that you and your children are well informed, to ensure a safe and successful start to the year. We will provide you with the most updated information through our regular News You Choose message, Virtual Parent Coffee events, and an in-person Open House.
As you prepare to send your precious little ones to school, please take a moment to read below for some updates and important dates. If you have any questions or feedback, please always feel free to reach out to me via email at @email or call me at (571) 226-4400. I am eager to support you in any way possible.
Principal Yacubovich and Assistant Principal Ganci
Open House for All Students and Families
Thursday, August 19th
- You will meet your child’s teacher and visit the classroom to explore the safe and welcoming environment that our incredible teachers have created.
- If you cannot attend the Open House, staff members will be available on the first day of school to assist students in locating their classrooms. You could also look it up in your ParentVue account starting on August 19th.
- While we understand that the schedule below may not be the most convenient for all families, we have prioritized a safe and low-stress opportunity for all children to walk into the building for the first time. We ask for your patience and understanding as we adapt to smaller groups of people in the building simultaneously.
- Please note that only teachers of the assigned time will be in their room, as all other teachers will be assisting you to your new classrooms. We ask that all students stay with their caregivers for the duration of the Open House.
Playdates for Rising Kindergarten and First Grade Families
Saturday, August 7th, and Saturday, August 21st
- The Pine Spring PTA invites all Kindergarten and 1st grade families to join them anytime from 10 AM- 12 PM for a playground playdate
- Students will have an opportunity to play on the Pine Spring playground while meeting new friends and future classmates
- There will be no restroom access at the school, so please plan accordingly
First Day of School
- Pine Spring will open our doors at 8:30 AM to welcome students into the building
- All students should be in their classrooms by 8:45 AM
- Dismissal will start promptly at 3:30 PM
Labor Day Break
September 3rd- September 6th
- All FCPS schools and offices will be closed from September 3rd- September 6th to observe Labor Day.
Virtual Back-to-School Curriculum Night for Parents
Wednesday, October 6th at 6 PM
- Teachers will present an overview of your child’s grade level curriculum, review procedures and routines, discuss technology expectations, explain grading and assessments, and answer common questions about the grade level.
- If you cannot attend virtually, all grade level meetings will be recorded and posted on the Pine Spring website after the meeting.
Breakfast/Lunch (UNIVERSAL BREAKFAST)
- We are excited to share that all students at Pine Spring will be offered free breakfast and lunch each day for the 2021-2022 school year
- Students may bring their lunches or enjoy lunch from our dedicated food services team.
- For additional information about the lunch program and the lunch menu, please check out the Food Service web page. https://www.fcps.edu/resources/student-safety-and-wellness/food-and-nutrition-programs
- The FCPS practice for Kindergarten is that each child will get yellow tape put on their bookbag. This indicator allows the bus driver to know that your student should be met at the bus stop. This tape will remain on their bags for the year.
- It is county regulation that kindergarten students must be accompanied to the bus stop by an adult in the morning and must be met by an adult at the bus stop in the afternoon.
- Please know that if your child is not met at the bus stop, they will be returned to Pine Spring. You will then come to the main office to meet with an administrator and pick up your child.
- For their safety, all Kindergarten and Pre-K students will be assigned a seat in the front section of the bus.
- Please be sure that your child and your child’s teacher understand what their mode of after-school transportation will be, as this will ensure a smooth dismissal and a positive experience for your child.
- If they are taking the bus, please have them memorize their bus number.
- Transportation Services will email you your child’s transportation information the week before school starts. If your child rides a bus, please send them to their assigned stop at least ten minutes before the time listed.
- If your routine plan is to have your child ride the bus this year, we urge you to have your student begin taking the bus on the first day, rather than using Kiss & Ride. This will help to build their school routine.
- If your child’s transportation changes at any time during the year, a note must be sent to school.
- If you are making a one-time last-minute change to your child’s transportation, please get in touch with the office by 2 PM to ensure your request is addressed.
First-Day Packets (white envelopes)
- A packet of information will be sent home on the first day of school. Please complete all mandatory forms in the packet and return them to school by Friday, August 27th
- White envelopes will be sent home each Thursday. Please be sure that you check these envelopes each week and review the contents with your child.
- If you pre-ordered school supplies through the PTA, they have been delivered to your home. You are welcome to bring your child’s supplies with you to the Open House to reduce the stress on the first day of school. Please note that your child will not unpack their supplies during Open House.
- School supply lists for each grade level are available on the Pine Spring website.
- If you need support with school supplies, please contact Marisol Romero at (571) 226-4400.