Translate this page
K- 6 Hours
- Monday - Friday: 8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Doors open at 8:30 a.m.)
- Kiss and Ride (closes at 8:40 a.m.)
- Your child is tardy after 8:45 a.m.
- Monday - Friday (AM): 9:15 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.
- Monday - Friday (PM): 12:40 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Head Start Hours
- Monday - Friday: 8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Monday & Wednesday: 9:15 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Two-Hour Delayed Opening Schedule
- Arrival: 10:30 a.m.
- Dismissal: 3:30 p.m.
Two-Hour Early Release Schedule
- Arrival: 8:30 a.m.
- Dismissal: 1:30 p.m.
Emergency School Closing, Delayed Opening or Early Dismissal
In the event of an emergency, such as extreme heat, cold or snow, the Division Superintendent may decide to:
- Close schools for the day
- Open schools two hours late
- Close schools two hours early
All emergency closings and delayed openings shall be announced in the following ways:
- Listed on the Fairfax County Public Schools website: www.fcps.edu.
- Sent by electronic mail (e-mail).
- Carried on the division’s public access channel, Cox Cable Channel 21.
- Closings and delayed openings are provided to local radio and television stations no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Early closings are provided to local stations no later than 10:30 a.m.