Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Click to edit this placeholder text.
As we continue to plan for the 2020-2021 school year, I encourage you to stay connected. The questions and ideas that you have sent me already are helping to shape a new year at Pine Spring. Please continue to reach out to me at email@example.com with any questions, suggestions, or ideas.
- FCPS has made the decision to start all students virtually/online. The first day of school will be September 8, 2020.
- Our 2020-2021 bell schedule will be the same as it was last year 8:45AM to 3:30PM (FCPS is reverting back to the 19-20 bell schedule now that all students are starting online). We will provide tentative daily instructional schedule to families by August 10th to support you in planning your home routines.
- All Pine Spring students will have the opportunity to check out a laptop this year. If you were using an Ipad or similar device in the spring to connect, we encourage you the check out a laptop. Laptops will be distributed between August 17 – September 4.
- If you received a Pine Spring laptop for your child in May/June your child can keep that computer for the upcoming school year. We will also provide MiFi internet devices for families who need internet.
- We are working to finalize class placements and will share your child’s teacher with you by August 14 through ParentVue. If you have not signed up for ParentVue, please contact Mrs. Dossmann for a login information.
- All students are required to have their physical and immunizations up to date before the first day of school to participate in the online classes. If you have updated physical or immunization paperwork to submit, please email Ms. Breeden to coordinate getting the paperwork to school.
I will be hosting a Parent Meeting on August 6th at 6PM. I hope to use this time to answer some questions about the upcoming year. Please submit your thoughts/questions here in advance.
Topic: Pine Spring Parent Meeting
Time: Aug 6, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 885 9828 3087
Luther Jackson Middle School will be collecting student devices that were checked out in the spring the week of August 10-14. If you are a rising 7th grader who borrowed a device from Pine Spring, you may return the device to Pine Spring on August 10th from 10AM-2PM.
If August 10th doesn't fit your schedule, or Luther Jackson Middle School is more convenient, you may return your FCPS laptop to Luther Jackson Middle School any day that week between 8AM-2PM. Students are highly encouraged to drop off their borrowed devices BEFORE coming to the FCPSOn device pick-up where they will receive their new laptop. This will speed up the process of getting your new device and all students MUST return any previous devices they borrowed before they are issued a new device. Please bring your borrowed FCPS computer and the charger that came with the device to Luther Jackson.
- Drop off will be done at the rear of the school using Gatehouse Road and loop around towards Door 4 near the rear of the cafeteria
- Building access will not be permitted
- Students and parents, please remain in your car and a staff member will approach your car when they are ready to take your device
- Parents will tell the staff member the name of their student
- Please allow us time to check in the device and verify the process for you.
- While it is preferred that parents and students drive to the school, walk-ups will be handled as well. If you do walk up to the school, please ensure you adhere to social distancing and please wear a mask.
Virtual Parent Meeting
Laptop Return (Rising 7th Grade Students Only)
September 8th First Day of School